Now, I can’t see that I can make a table in this blogger document, but I found a chart on hospitality in my Women’s Study Bible that I thought would be worth passing along. The comparison is between Hospitality and Entertainment. I will give you the lists and know that number one in the first list will compare with number 1 in the second list.
- Provides a safe place (Proverbs 31:21)
- Seeks to serve others (1 Peter 4:8-10)
- Puts people before things (Matthew 10:42)
- Makes what is mine yours (Acts 2:44)
- Takes no thought for whatever reward or compensation is in it for me (Matthew 6:1-4)
- Frames itself according to God’s Word (Matthew 5:43-48)
- Offers freedom that liberates, enabling you to exercise your gifts and creativity to the fullest (Romans 8:2)
- Opens a show place
- Wants to impress others
- Elevates things above people
- Claims all as mine and admires it
- Expects something in return (praise and reciprocation)
- Models itself after the world (television, neighbors, magazines, etc.)
- Becomes a taskmater that enslaves, requiring you to meet the expectations of others
What do you think?